CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome to my blog!

I'm Lori and I love to craft. I cross stitch, knit and crochet and anything else that takes my fancy! I love to make amigurumi and other knitted and crocheted characters.
I live in the north east of England and when I'm not busy with thread or wool I love to read thrillers and watch things on the TV that make me laugh. I have a love of tattoos too and have quite a collection!


Friday 24 August 2012

Hello, sorry I'm late this week!

Hi everyone and welcome to my new followers, lovely to see you :-) I'm a bit late this week posting as been busy painting the hall, I hate painting! Now I'm hoping the smell of the gloss will go away quickly as it's awful! On the plus side it looks fabulous :-)

So this week and a bit has been busy. I got an email last Friday as a local craft fair had some last minute cancellations for their fair on Saturday so did I want a table, I thought why not, I had nothing else on. Not a great day for sales but whatever, you can't win them all! It was at the garden centre Plants R Russ in Sunderland and we were all outside in a polytunnel, WOW was that hot in the sun, sitting in a greenhouse all day! I was certainly wilting don't know about the plants! They have another fair tomorrow, the food and craft one this time as last week was just craft, and I'll be back there again. This one is the one I'm at every month this year. The weather is forecast for rain, obviously, it is a bank holiday weekend so what else would it be :-) Fingers crossed it doesn't put off people coming to a garden centre!

So lets see, what have I made in the last week and a bit....  a Witch's Cottage.


with a spider making lots of webs....


a broomstick and a black cat....

a ghost and a pumpkin.......

and a cauldron with something strange bubbling away inside! I added the bat button to finish it off and I love this one! It seems I wasn't alone as within five minutes of posting the pics on facebook it had sold, yippee! I've since made another one which is now in my Etsy shop and hope this will be a popular one.

Also this week, a couple more Little Ladies for Halloween,


Wendy the witch......


and Debbie the devil :-)

Also Snowball the cat, not very Halloween but I do love cats!


I was also approved to stitch and sell designs made from the fabulous patterns of Sublime Stitching :-) I love these designs so I'm thrilled about this! You have to apply and they check out your shops and send you a contract if your accepted to try to stop copyright theft which is a good idea. I've stitched two designs so far but not sure what to make them into yet, any ideas? I was thinking maybe little cushions or even just frame them but any suggestions are welcome :-) They need a good iron! The first is these cute little kokeshi dolls




and the second is this gorgeous pin-up fairy, I so love this one! I'll be adding some silver metallic stars around her. The pics aren't great as the weather is so dark and miserable here :-( 


Almost finished a new mushroom too, this one is Geranium Cottage and should be done today and on Etsy. So I guess even though I've been busy painting still a lot done this week. Three mushrooms (almost) and three bag tags and two embroideries not bad! 

Better get back to the preparation for tomorrow then, I'm making a batch of quick card bookmarks at the moment. Have a great long weekend everyone, hope the sun shines on some of you too :-)




13 comments :

StitchyDragon Creates said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your Halloween mushroom! The little ladies & Snowball are very cute too, will have to go check out that stitchy website - well done on getting approved! Sorry I have no inspiration for making up the kokeshi dolls, the pin up fairy is just gorgeous :) Would she make up into a stuffed heart shaped decoration? Hope you have a great fair tomorrow & enjoy the bank holiday :)
Helen xxxx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful makes Lori,especially the Halloween toadstool,I have a serious case of the wanties!Have a great weekend,love juliexoxo

Pull the other thread said...

Wow all your items look wonderful. Well done, so such work done.

Kath said...

the witches cottage is so cute. I love the wee cat!


(ps have you tried water based "gloss" paint? hardly smells at all).

cucki said...

aww everything is so sweet...
i love the halloween mushroom so much..so sweet..cute kitty
hugs for you xx

Unknown said...

Ohh I love your Halloween Mushroom, very cute! What about making the embroidery into tote bags or cute little purses? I feel like its too beautiful to keep at home, the world must see it! :)

Jerra xx

Crafty-Laura said...

All fabulous Lori- as ever! LOVE the halloween toadstool, I'm not surprised it sold so quickly, it's just brilliant. The little ladies are fab and Snowball is adorable. Well done for being approved to stitch those designs! Amazing! I'm going to pop over and check out that website. I'd probably make them into little cushions? Hope you have a good time at the craft fair and have a great Bank Hol weekend. lots of love Laura xxx

Kerryp77 said...

The embroideries are beautiful, I'd say cushions or on to bags. Lovethe Halloween toadstool, such detail, love the cauldron bubbling away. the bag tags are the height of cuteness too. xxx

LiteraryLadybug said...

ADORABLE! Love the Halloween themed items!

millefeuilles said...

My goodness Lori, you have been busy! I am impressed by your production levels and that little white cat is ADORABLE! When I look at those sweet embroideries I think they would be great incorporated in a patchwork: one little doll for each square interspersed with other fabric squares.

Have a lovely weekend, Lori.

Stephanie

Steph said...

Hello Lovely ^_^
Well,you know I LOVE the witchy house ^_^ Bet the other one is snapped up too ^_^
Love the new little ladies,and LOVE Snowball!! So cute.
And yay! BIG hugs for getting to stitch those gorgeous embroideries! Very lovely indeedy ^_^ I guess, they could be cushions, bags,wall hangings.The kokeshi one could look nice as a heart shaped pillow.
Anyhoo, hope your weekend is fabulous and beautiful ^_^
XOXxoxXOX

Valma said...

I'm late too this week :-/
I'm just updating my blogs readings and I'm seeing wonderful pieces everywhere =)
you made great pieces once again, I love, as always...
just that as we are starting to see Halloween pieces it's making me realising we are almost September ! already !!
your Chinese girls are lovely and make me think about some others (I'm on a secret project...hehehehe...you'll soon understand...)
great job
big hugs sweetie
xxxx

Joan said...

hi lots of great work, i'd love to make enough to have a stall at a craft fair,instead of giving all i make away,thanks for leaving comment on my blog