CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome to my blog!

I'm Lori and I love to craft. I cross stitch, knit and crochet and anything else that takes my fancy! I love to make amigurumi and other knitted and crocheted characters.
I live in the north east of England and when I'm not busy with thread or wool I love to read thrillers and watch things on the TV that make me laugh. I have a love of tattoos too and have quite a collection!


Sunday 16 October 2011

Monsters are appearing!

This week I've been making another monster, one bed sock (the other is about to be started) and a surprise for someone's birthday who reads this so I'm not telling no matter how hard my arm is twisted :-)

So let me introduce you to The Star Spangled Monster!


The idea was growing in my mind as I made the last monster Egbert, it just seemed to fit to do the different areas of the American flag. Anyway I hope you like him :-)

I also listed this hanging decoration in my shops this week, I made it a few months ago and it just sat there waiting for me to do something with it so I figured why not.....


I do love the beaded tassel on this, here's a closer look at it...


I used clear beads and a silver floral cutaway heart to make it a bit sparkly and pretty. I was so pleased with it I've logged it for future use :-)

So not an awful lot happening in my world at the moment which is brilliant and just the way I like it! I'm at my happiest when left to play with my threads and wool and life doesn't get in the way!

So I'll leave you with a link, check out this Pay It Forward giveaway on the lovely Annaboo's website HERE she'd love you all to go over and enter, don't forget to say hello and check out her fabulous crochet korknisse while you're there :-)  Speaking of which I made a couple this week, nearly forgot! Check them out!


Aren't they fabulous! I need to make more and the toadstool house so they have somewhere to live too......

9 comments :

cucki said...

hello dear, i really love the cutest monster..he is so sweet :)
and the lovely hanging decoration is simply adorable..i love it with my heart..and those two little dolls are super cute..toadstool stool house is a lovely idea and you going to make more..then they will have more friends too..
you so talented my dear friend..
hugs for you xxx

Debs M said...

wow some great makes there, loving these x

Annaboo's House said...

LOVE your monster. He is just too cute (as is everything you make!).
It's funny, a crochet monster is on my to do list after seeing a lush knitted one on Crochet with Raymond's blog.
Ta for the mention.
You are very kind.
Enjoy your week, hon.
Xx

butterfly said...

You do make some wonderful things.
Love your stitching and your monster.

♥ Mary Janes TEAROOM said...

Love your Star Spangled Monster...so cute I find it hard to call him a monster!....All your handmades are so lovely...
Hope you have a great week...
Susan x

millefeuilles said...

What a beautifully creative week you have had! I think your hanging decoration is so exquisite. I am full of admiration.

I shall pop over and see Annaboo right now.

Lauren Hatwell said...

All fabulous Lori. I just love that cute little monster. He's adorable. Lx

Kerryp77 said...

The monster and little people are fab, i wish i had your crochet talent. the decoration is stunning. a truly beautiful piece of work. Lori you are so talented. x

Chris said...

LOve the toad stools so cute :) Little flowers are adorable :)