CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome to my blog!

I'm Lori and I love to craft. I cross stitch, knit and crochet and anything else that takes my fancy! I love to make amigurumi and other knitted and crocheted characters.
I live in the north east of England and when I'm not busy with thread or wool I love to read thrillers and watch things on the TV that make me laugh. I have a love of tattoos too and have quite a collection!


Friday 6 July 2012

Catching up, ami swap and I've reached 100 followers!!

Well hello everyone!  Welcome to my new followers, lovely to meet you :-)  That means WOOHOO I've passed the 100 followers!! A giveaway to celebrate is in the offing, details to come next week so keep watching :-)


So this week I can show the things that I couldn't show last week because everything is in it's new home now and it won't spoil any surprises. I'll start off with ami swap time!! A quick expanation to those who don't know what this is, the lovely Steph over at Dolly Dolly Daydreams and me swap a crochet or knitted amigurumi (cute softie) at the start of every month. The swap is always fabulous and getting a present every month is great :-) 


So for this months swap Steph sent me Daisy the donkey! Isn't she sweet!!! 





I love her gorgeous face and the cute bee button in the middle of the daisy :-)
I sent Sally the bear to Steph,



Now I admit, she was hard to part with, I can see me making another one to keep :-)

Also this week was the fabulous Laura's birthday! So her pressies were also in the top secret pile until now. 
I stitched her one of the mushroom needlecases, a Union Jack keyring and a crochet owl


and a bookmark too, I loved this quote by Louisa May Alcott 'She is too fond of books and it has addled her brain' :-)

I'm pleased to say Laura loved them :-)

For my makes this week I was making things for my stall at the craft fair this month. Being at a garden centre I seem to have come over all flowery! First up I made some embroidered butterfly brooches, 


then the flowers started to appear. Daisy felt hearts, which I really like, I can see these in a few different colours.


Then an explosion of keyrings appeared! These were really fun to make, I got to pull out all my ribbons and make up the colour schemes to suit them, I got a little carried away and I'm not done yet! 


Next I'm back on the mushroom cottages as I want to build up a few more for making a fab village on the stall :-)


So have a great week everyone and I'll be back with the giveaway next week so don't forget to come and enter!

17 comments :

butterfly said...

A lady full of talent, wow you made some beautiful gifts and treats.
Always look so beautiful, hugs.

millefeuilles said...

Oh my goodness; there's so much to say here! First, dear Lori; congratulations for reaching the 100 followers mark although, to be honest, I'm not surprised when I see the treasure chest of beauties you concoct so frequently.

Isn't Sally Bear's nose the cutest? And then I sighed and gasped at the butterflies, the toadstool, the hearts... Lori, you have such an eye for colour.

Have a beautiful weekend.

Stephanie

Annaboo's House said...

Yipeeeeeeee!
Blogger's letting me comment! (you are obviously the special one)
I just love your little key rings- and the sweet hearts too. They will just fly off the shelves!
And well done on 100 followers - you have a brilliant blog and we all enjoy reading about your crafty makes.
Happy weekend, my lovely.
Xx

Flutterby Patch said...

What great makes. You're prolific! I confess I can't bring myself to make little smiling characters to re-home so think the keyrings and needlecases would be what I'd produce for sale. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

All things are lovely, very creative..
Thank you very much for visit me, your blog is also very inspirative :)
Wish you happy weekend and many creative ideas :) hugs

catherine said...

Hi Lori, the swaps look fab and lovely gifts for Laura. Your new makes are fabulous so very talented are you!
Hope the weather is not too bad where you are
x catherine

Ali said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous - love all your makes so colourful and pretty. (I was up your neck of the woods (I think) took the boys to Seaburn for Monster trucks and stunt show - but came home early as we were soaked and freezing :-( ) xxx

Crafty-Laura said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my presents!!! Thank you so much again! Congrats on 100 followers! That's brilliant. love the ami swop cuties and all your new embroidered makes are just stunning. Lots of love and thank you again!! Laura xxx

Valma said...

Ho my !
Everything is so LO-VE-LY
Last post I was in love with your octopus, this time it's your butterflies =D
You have fairy hands =)
bravo
hugs from France
xxx
(And thank you for your coming and visiting my blog =D
Maybe one day I'll reach 100 followers too =D)

Rhona said...

Congrats on 100 followers! Love ALL your makes again, you are so talented! I just want to know how you manage to get so much done as you always have so many wonderful things to show us!!!

Kerryp77 said...

great swap with steph and gorgeous presents for Laura, The needle case is beautiful. I love the keyrings and the daisy hearts for the fayre. Congrats on the 100 followers. xx

Inthesky said...

That is very clever to go all flowery and butterflies for the 'Garden Centre' Good luck with you stall. I can't understand what is taking so long for you to be discovered as the 'next' crafting Superstar...X

LiteraryLadybug said...

Congrats on 100 followers! What wonderful little Ami critters - That OWL kills me with it's cuteness! :) Have a wonderful weekend friend!

xoxo Jen

Crafty in the Med said...

Abundance of loveliness Lorraine...what do I look at first!! This is very hard I love it all.

Congratulations on a 100 followers not surprising really who could turn away :-)

keep well

Amanda

StitchyDragon Creates said...

Congrats on hitting 100! Love the amis & the pressies you made for Laura but oh WOW! your embroidery as always blows me away! Those butterflies are gorgeous & the little felt hearts ahhhh! Bet these will be snapped up real quick at the fayre ;-) Have a great week!
love Helen xxxx

Steph said...

YAY! 100 followers ^_^ ooo! hang on...that's 99 followers and 1 stalker!! ^_-
Love my gorgeous ami *hugs*
Gorgeous goodies for Laura and love all of your new things...did I see the butterflies!?! They are really beautiful.
happy hugs for you
xox

catkin tales said...

your new makes look gorgeous! i love the sweet donkey you were sent too :)
i have not forgotten my intention to do a mushroom village post on my blog, however i am away for the summer, enjoying m new grandchild and settling into my new home. the reason i have been unable to photograph my lovely mushroom village thus far is because everything i owned needed to be packed away rather quickly and very little has as yet been unpacked. moving house is mad, but worth it :)
anyway i hope you have a lovely summer and i look forward to seeing you on my return.

warmest blessings xxx