CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome to my blog!

I'm Lori and I love to craft. I cross stitch, knit and crochet and anything else that takes my fancy! I love to make amigurumi and other knitted and crocheted characters.
I live in the north east of England and when I'm not busy with thread or wool I love to read thrillers and watch things on the TV that make me laugh. I have a love of tattoos too and have quite a collection!


Thursday 2 June 2011

A bit like a second birthday....

The postman brought me some surprises yesterday! There were three more birthday cards and two presents, I do like good post days with no bills and just good stuff, lol!

From my lovely friend Laura I got this ami seahorse, it's just fabulous and the eyes are gorgeous too :-) Thanks Laura it was a lovely surprise. Laura's getting to be a real expert at amigurumi even though she hasn't been making them long, she has a great blog here that's full of her lovely ami's, check it out :-)


I also got a kit to make a fabric origami box which I'm fascinated with, it was from Elspeth, thank you Elspeth! I loved origami when I was younger and this looks like it'll be fun to make, the fabrics are beautiful (different to the ones on the picture) and the tassel for the lid is really pretty. Here's the kit, I'll put a picture of the finished box up when I've made it.


Here's the cards too, from Lauren, Elspeth and Laura. The Hello Kitty one isn't a birthday card but arrived from Steph yesterday too and is too cute to not show!


So, I finished off a card yesterday for my brother and sister-in-law's wedding anniversary. I made it up anyway as I've been busy stitching cards on big pieces of aida to just mount up and stash away for occasions coming up, got 5 done including this one so far :-)


Had to show this picture I took last night! For years I've always had a glass of milk at night before I go to bed, love milk and it seems to help me sleep somehow. This has turned into a bit of a running battle with Daisy who also loves milk! Every night she waits and tries to pinch my milk out of the glass, I try to stop her.....as you can see I'm not winning!


She's even figured out of she stands on my sewing box then she can reach further down the glass, lol!

2 comments :

Crafty-Laura said...

I just love that picture of Daisy! It's adorable! Glad you like the seahorse :D I'd been waiting for an opportunity to use those eyes with the eyelashes!! The fabric box looks amazing, I think I've seen similar kits at shows I've been to, I look forward to seeing the finished product!

Pixie said...

Hi there Hippywitch and thank you for stopping by at my 'crafte nook', always lovely to hear from new people.
Love your blog, love its colourfulness and all its cheeriness, great pictures of your kittens too.
Pixie x