CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome to my blog!

I'm Lori and I love to craft. I cross stitch, knit and crochet and anything else that takes my fancy! I love to make amigurumi and other knitted and crocheted characters.
I live in the north east of England and when I'm not busy with thread or wool I love to read thrillers and watch things on the TV that make me laugh. I have a love of tattoos too and have quite a collection!


Saturday 14 May 2011

Flower heart


Finished off the latest heart hanging this week. This is a freebie chart from here http://www.madame-la-fee.com/index.php There are some pretty ones on this French website. It seems that in trying to find smaller stuff to stitch over the top of kittens heads while they sleep I appear to be stitching a lot of hanging hearts! I guess now I've run out of walls for my stitching I've started on the doorhandles, lol!

Started stitching a Dolly Mama's kit a couple of days ago and almost finished it now, just have to finish off the border! Such a quick stitch and great fun to do with all the bright colours. I'm now thinking I might make it into a tote bag but haven't settled on anything yet as I originally thought I'd make a cushion........the bag sounds pretty good though!

I decided I hate the voiles in my kitchen window yesterday, just one of those 'why the hell did I put them there!' moments :-) I want to make some sort of cafe curtain/half blind type of thing to cover the top half and leave the bottom uncovered as we aren't overlooked. I'm going to buy a big piece of evenweave or linen this week and plan to stitch something bright and colourful along the bottom, maybe some bright flowers or butterflies...... Should be fun!

2 comments :

Lauren Hatwell said...

Sooooo pretty Lori. I love the little tassle too. It's adorable. Lx

Crafty-Laura said...

Ooh that's gorgeous Lori! So pretty :)